Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year

So the new year has now begun. Man how fast the last one went. Was it really even there, lol. So this past year it was all pretty boring, same old stuff school summer break and more school. This year I have decided to volunteer two days a week at the kids school. I help with Math in first grade on Monday afternoons, and Reading in fourth grade on Wednesday mornings. I have had alot of fun getting to know the kids classmates, and now I can finally put a face to the name, it is great. I was attending school again, but they had one of the two programs crash, and it took a while to get it back up and running. This summer I painted boards for Twelve Timbers, and when I started school again I decided school was more important. With Will's homework and Harley's this year I could not fit in school, work, and thier homework. We are working to change that, but with the economy the way that it is jobs are is short demand. So we'll see what happens in the near future. I am so enjoying being home with them, it will be really hard to go back to an office. Will is starting to get the hang of homework before play, but we still have a long way to go on the caring part, he really doesn't care if it is done right as long as it is done. We are trying to get the stuff for his group theropy done as well. This is difficult considering it is extra work and he wants to go play instead. His counceling is going really well, he still has his days, but they are getting fewer and farther inbetween; and less hard to deal with as well. He is really enjoying his counceler, and his new friends that he has made in group counceling. I am really glad I decided to get him into counceling, sometimes I think I should have done it sooner. Harley is just her very happy story telling, hating people self. She is in the top of her class, ranking 1 in reading and 3 in math. She is also in the top 10 of the state in reading and top 30 in the state in math. She is a hard worker, she enjoys doing her homework and is alwasy worried about how it looks and if it is right. This is a great improvment for her, since it took her almost 2 wks to start talking to her teacher. I think this year has helped her alot. She has a teacher that I do not really know, and she has never met before. It has helped some with her hatred of people-lack of a better way to put that. And me I am just plugging along taking things as they come. Nothing important is going on in my life, I hope this changes soon, lol. I kinda like my life uncomplicated.
So that is all that is going on for now, I think. Hope all is well with everyone.
Happy New Year, I hope all of you greatness in the year to come!